Thursday, January 26, 2012

Challenging Space: Living with Televisions

I guess living with TVs isn't really a challenging space, but it still poses a problem.  Whenever I'm looking at magazines, design books, or design sites I notice that the living/family room rarely includes a TV.  I read the reasoning behind this at one point but I forgot what it was...please comment if you know!  I think that watching TV has become a big part of family time especially since the economic downturn.  Mix that with the continual rise in movie ticket prices (hello, redbox!) and you're sure to be sitting in front of a TV in a comfortable room in your home more frequently.  Sure there are people that don't watch TV, that's fine, but for those that do this is for you.  With all of the nice TVs out there and all of the creative people in the world, I find it hard to believe that a TV can't be included in home interior photoshoots.  Here are a few great examples of how TVs can look nice in a room:











{credits: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 }

What about you?  Does it bother you that TVs usually don't make it into photoshoots?

1 comment:

  1. We hide ours in the basement, so I actually never surprises me that they aren't featured. Our living room isn't really set up for a TV (awkward space), so it's in the basement for a purpose. WHich, I actually like, but I don't like that it means we don't actually spend much time in the living room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!