Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wood, wood and more wood!

Last weekend we had wood delivered to our house because we love to light fires.  It's one of the many reasons that I loved this house- a wood burning fireplace.  Many of the new constructions have gas log fireplaces which I'm not too fond of.  Anyway, we decided to order half a cord of wood.  My mom usually orders this amount and she said it lasts them for about two years.  We burn more fires than them, so we'll see how long it lasts.

When the wood was delivered it didn't look like a lot to me.




I purchased a wood stand because we didn't want the wood stored on the ground and a tarp (the reviews said that the stand was great but the included cover sucked), then we assembled it the next day.



After assembly, we began stacking.  The stacking process revealed how much wood was actually there and I was pleasantly surprised.


It didn't take as long to stack as I thought it would, probably about 40 minutes.  When we were done, this is what we ended up with.


That's a heck of a lot of wood!  Here's Simon next to the stack...well...just because he's such a hottie :)


1 comment:

  1. I'm envious of all the cozy fires you'll have with all that wood!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!