Friday, December 7, 2012

Tree Trimming- Myers Edition

To end this week of Christmas decor reveals, we have reached the grande finale...the tree!  I try to use non-traditional colors each year and combinations that I haven't done before.  This year I hit pinterest for some inspiration and came across images like this-


I immediately decided to "color block" this year- silver/white on the top, blue on the bottom.  Last Sunday we put the tree up and I LOVE the result...I just can't stop staring at it.  So here it is...


Great minds must think alike because I was over at the Young House Love blog on Wednesday and saw that they used the same color blocking technique for their tree :)

Now it's your turn!  Have you trimmed your tree?  If so leave your link in the comments so that I can check it out!

(I am linking up for the Christmas Cheer Link Party at Honey We're Home and at DIY Showoff)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, your tree is gorgeou! I love that you color blocked and the result is seriously stunning. I'd be spending a lot of time parked in front of that tree this season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorite trees :-)

      Delete
  2. The tree looks great!!! It looks so pretty, and I love your color block idea! We started trimming our tree last weekend and I want to add a few more things to it this weekend :)

    ps: love your stacked logs next to the fire place too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I look forward to seeing all of your Holiday decor! Thanks about the wood also. The weather has been so mild here we haven't been able to use the fireplace as much, so it's decor for the moment, lol!

      Delete
  3. What a great looking tree! I am partial to color blocking and this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I've never seen this! How clever! I really like how it turned out! Thanks for linking up and Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!