Friday, August 1, 2014

5 Reasons I'm Glad That We Used a Travel Agent

To finish this week off, I decided to share my experience with using a Travel Agent for our vacation.  We've never used one before, and I'm really glad that we did.  Our agent was Sharon Law with Pack Your Bags and Go Travel (catchy name, right?).  Here are the reasons that this was a great decision:

By the way, the following photos don't necessarily have anything to do with the listed reasons, I just didn't want the post not to include images :)

Better Deals
A travel agent has access to multiple vendors that offer deeply discounted pricing to the agents that they work with.  There are even deals that you cannot find online, but the agent has access to them.  We got a great deal on our hotel especially being peak season and having an ocean front room.




Stress Relief
I don't know about you, but when it's time to start looking for hotels I expire in about 20 minutes.  This is mainly because I start to feel overwhelmed and frustrated because I'm very particular about where I stay.  With an agent, they are doing the brunt of the work and will send you results based on your requests (kind of like a real estate agent!).  This took so much stress away from me.



Travel Perks
As I mentioned in the last post, our hotel stay came with two free tickets to a dolphin cruise.  That bonus may not have been available if we'd booked our travel ourselves.



A Knowledgeable Representative That's "Team You"
If anything goes awry at any point of your vacation, you always have your agent to back you up and to handle any of those issues for you.  An agent is well versed in travel and knows what to do in many situations that we may not know.  Who really wants to deal with drama on vacation anyway?



Payment Plans
You may not want to use a credit card to pay for vacation and you may not have all of the cash on hand.  A lot of agents offer payment plans so that your trip will be paid in full by the time your vacation starts.  One less thing to worry about in my opinion.



So those are my top 5 reasons that I'm glad that we went with a Travel Agent this year.  If you are looking to travel sooner or later, check out Pack Your Bags and Go Travel!

Photo Credits 1 2 3 4 5

**I was not compensated for this post, I just wanted to share my experience with you all because it was a great one!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!