Sunday, May 29, 2011

My favorite spray paint (aka curtain pull back update)

I hope that you all are enjoying this long Holiday weekend! As for me, I'll be heading to my Mom's house for a cookout today! I wanted to post a short update that I did to a pair of curtain pull backs that I found while cleaning out the guest room closet. As you know, we have long curtains in our great room. Problem is, when we use the back door, the curtain tends to get caught in the door when it gets closed. To remedy this, I decided to purchase some pull backs. Luckily I didn't end up buying any because I found these babies-


I didn't want this color though, I wanted them to be silver like the curtain rods that we have. I decided to purchase a silver metallic spray paint and hope that it turned out well. I purchased a spray gun a few months back but hadn't used it yet. Perfect time to try it out!


The spray paint actually did rather well! I have used silver spray paint before and it didn't have the finish that I wanted. Not this time! This is officially my favorite spray paint now, and I have a feeling I will be using the rest of this bottle on some lamps that I purchased a while back.


After a couple of coats and 24 hours of drying (it didn't need 24 hours but as I said before, I'm rather anal enjoy details), and a few days of procrastination, I hung them up!



Have a safe and happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!