It's still summertime, so what better way to enjoy it than making some homemade fruit infused vodka?! I happened upon a website called Shutterbean with the best drink concoctions that I have seen in a while. There was a recipe for strawberry infused vodka, so that same day when I got home I made it. Of course it had to sit for three days (equivalent to torture) before I could enjoy it, but it was well worth the wait. I'm not one to follow directions to the book, so I did my own thing down to the container that I used for infusion. Because of this, I'm not going to post directions in the traditional sense...
*Fruit Infused Vodka*
1. Find a container with a lid that you can screw on tight so that when you agitate it over the next three days nothing will splash on you (and no liquor will be wasted...equivalent to torture once again).
2. Get some fruit (strawberries for this example) and cut it up. Throw the fruit into the container.
3. Pour vodka into the container and screw the lid on tightly.
4. Store in a cool dry place for three days, and agitate (shake/stir/rock) once or twice each day.
5. On the last day get a strainer (I used a tea strainer) and pour the vodka into something else. Strain again just to make sure all of the seeds and random fruit sediments are gone.
6. Taste a piece of the fruit (you know you will anyway, that's why I included it here). Make a crazy face because the fruit is no longer sweet and tastes like a shot.
7. Pour the vodka into a nice bottle and serve it to someone (that someone could be yourself, no judgment).
|For someone else|
That's all! You can check the web for drink recipes that call for strawberry vodka (or whatever fruit you use).
I made a bottle for my friend for her birthday and my mom for her birthday (blueberry for her).
All images via me...some from the mobile, so excuse the quality of those!