Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Letter to Autumn

Dear Autumn,

I realize that you are inevitable.  I cannot stop you from entering my life.  The only way to avoid you is to visit the other hemisphere.  Some people welcome you with open arms and look forward to what you have to bring.  I on the other hand do not feel that way completely (I only look forward to spending time with family during the Holidays and maybe wearing a pair of boots).  You are a constant reminder that winter is approaching and that I will be cold for 3+ months.  I don't enjoy cold weather.  Cold weather = No flip flops, no tank tops, no windows down in the car, no windows up in the house, no relaxing on the patio enjoying a drink, no barbeque, no swimming...well, wading, no beaches, no sunny and warm vacations, no blooming trees and colorful flowers, no nights under the stars.  I was rather cold yesterday.  It was unfortunate.  And to think, your predecessor isn't even here yet!

Then there are days when I look up and realize that you are beautiful.  You (along with sunsets) are also God's Artwork.  You bring intriguing colors.  You bring crisp, clean air.  I shouldn't dislike you.  You are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!