Monday, July 23, 2012

Making things work for the height challenged

If I haven't mentioned before, I happen to be kind of short.  I'm 5' 3.5" (yes, I include the half, I could use all of the height that I can get).  I happen to be too short to reach the upper half of my kitchen cabinets and microwave.  Simon bought me a step stool so that I can reach, and he thinks it's so cute that I have to use it.

The ceiling fan in our living room happened to also be a challenge for me.  Since it's a two story living room, the fan is on a pole.  Apparently the length of the pole doesn't have shorties in mind.  Because of this, in order to adjust the fan speed I had to stand on the couch to reach the pulls.  This is how they looked before.


They were pretty high up there.  A few months back I purchased a decorative extender but never attached it.  I finally got around to doing it last week.  This is what it looked like after the switch.


As you can see the new pull was much longer than the one next to it.  Because of this, instead of buying another extender chain, I used the chain that I just replaced, cut the end piece off and attached it to the other chain.


This is how they look now.



Now I can finally reach the pulls without endangering myself!  I still have to stand on my toes to reach them, but that's no biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!