Today I decided to dedicate this post to our house and how it looked before we moved in. These are the pictures that I took while we were house hunting. Our house hunting ended up being a one day event. We looked at two other houses before reaching ours. Simon had to work that day, so my mom, sister, my agent and I did the hunting. I showed Simon the pictures of the two houses that I liked the most, and we decided on this one :)
Looking in from the front door
The downstairs guest bedroom (the first door to the left in the image above)
The guest bathroom downstairs
View of the Kitchen and Dining Room from the Great Room (the image below is actually the house next door, but our house has the same layout. The only differences are the backsplash, the granite color and the style of cabinet). Oh, and my Mom, Sister and Agent are below :)
The Great Room (and my sister :) )
The hall upstairs
Master Bedroom and Bath
The first guest bedroom upstairs (AKA my Office)
Didn't get pictures of the second guest bedroom upstairs...but...it's a room! Oh, and the guest bath upstairs looks exactly like the one downstairs, so no point in posting it twice.
One of the things that I was most excited about, the back yard.
So, the top five reasons why I loved this house-
5. As I just mentioned, a back yard that we can actually use. Run around, build a garden, do whatever.
4. A guest bedroom and bathroom are on the first level.
3. The open floor plan. I love the two story great room, it opens everything up even more.
2. A wood burning fireplace. Many newer homes have gas logs, but I love fires with real wood (a lower gas bill is an added bonus!).
1. The kitchen! All of the cabinets, the deep sinks and the counter space. In fact, whenever I think about our home, I remember the first time I saw the kitchen. My eyes widened and I smiled so big! We were living in an apartment before and it was no fun trying to prepare meals on tiny counters with the two of us in there together. For fun, here's the kitchen in our old apartment-
Excuse Simon, he was snacking on something and doing some last minute packing on moving day, lol!
Now it's your turn! What are the things that drew you to your home and what were you so excited to see for the first time?