Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Autumn Edition

Hello there!  It's that time again for another pinterest challenge!  This time I decided to continue with my gold leafing kick and gold leaf a couple of bottles.

Here is my pinterest inspiration-


The person that did this used the foil from gum wrappers, but I wanted something a little more permanent so I opted to use the metallic pens.

I started with two glass soda bottles.


I soaked them in warm, soapy water so that the labels would easily peel off.



There was still a little glue left over so I let it soak a little more.


I wiped the rest of the glue off and had two plain glass bottles.


I recently added a silver pen to my collection, so here are my materials.


For the first bottle I drew a few freehand triangles then added a few stripes.  For the second bottle I taped it off and colored below the tape all gold.


Here is the finished product!



I plan to use these as water bottles for when we have company.  I will probably use them as a part of the table setting for Thanksgiving.

To check out my past pinterest challenge projects, click here.

I am linking this project up on the following blogs that are heading the Autumn Pinterest Challenge:

Young House Love
Bower Power
Ugly Duckling House
Our Fifth House


5 comments:

  1. I love this!! The bottle dipped in a gold bottom is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the gold dipper one! very creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren,
    These are adorable! How have they held up since you made them? Does the gold wear when you wash them?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! They are holding up well! I wash them by hand gently and the gold is still holding up. I have only used them a few times, but based on how they did when I washed them I think they will be fine :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!