Monday, August 4, 2014

Master Bedroom- Light vs Dark Round 2

Hello there people!  I hope your weekend was relaxing or at least enjoyable.

It's finally time for me to tackle this master bedroom.  I know what I want to do (for the most part), so I'm getting ready to press GO.

After much deliberation, I finally decided on a color scheme of coral, black, white and gold.  The main "colors" will be black, white and gold and the accents will be coral.  Simon was fine with a comforter that I picked out a few months back and it happened to have coral on it.  I thought he wouldn't like it because it looks kind of pink, but he said it was fine (yay!  thanks honey!).  This is the comforter:



Now I just need to decide if I want the room to be dark, dramatic and sexy or light, airy and calming.  I love both styles, so this is a difficult decision.  I actually posted about this very topic here a little over two years ago, that's why this post is labeled round two :)

Here are a few photos of both styles.  Which would you choose?

Light, Airy and Calming//



Dark, Dramatic and Sexy//


Upon searching I realized that there aren't many images with this color scheme in a bedroom, so just imagine a bed in these rooms :)
 


Credits 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8






4 comments:

  1. Oooh that last image is stunning - i'm so drawn to light rooms, but given the size of your bedroom and if you want if you want it to feel dramatic cozy, I would so consider her going darker.

    You know what would be amazing....painting it dark, but using a linen brush on the walls so it looks like grass cloth wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I would have never thought of that! Hmmm...you got me thinking now...lol!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I love the comforter you chose! I tend to lean towards dark in bedrooms, but both looks are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're right, both looks can be beautiful. Decisions, decisions!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!