Sunday, October 30, 2011

Gulf Shores- iii

As I put this post together, I realize that I miss summer.  Especially now that it's 49 degrees at 11:00 am.  Burr.  I do enjoy the holidays though.  Spending time with family and friends, cooking and baking things from scratch, Christmas decorations, etc.  But right now...at this moment...I want to be able to sit on the patio with a nice cold alcoholic beverage wearing shorts and a tank top and not freeze my butt off.

Anywho, the days spent with my mom and sister in Gulf Shores, AL (here and here if you missed the first two posts) were great.  We didn't sightsee because well...there really wasn't much to see but the ocean which is what we went for anyway.

We were greeted by a bottle of wine from the person that we rented the condo from.


There were some great restaurants, one from which we had a seafood meal on my mom's birthday.  My family LOVES to eat crabs, so when there is a chance to get crabs we jump on it.  I realize the last part of that sentence could be taken out of context, but you know what I mean :)
 

A few random shots (I just realized that my feet are in the next three...weird)...




I loved this backyard!  They have the best of three worlds!  Water, grass and sand.
 

On the ride back home I spotted a few things.  For one, I enjoyed the font on this water tower.  It's reminiscent of the Three's Company days. 



I also spotted these poor cows...I wanted to set them free and they looked like they wanted me to do it, too.

  
The Atlanta skyline...a sign that we were back to reality.



So did you take any fun trips over the summer?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!