Thursday, December 1, 2011

Amicalola Falls

As I was going through photos that I dumped onto my computer last month, I ran across a lot of things that I haven't posted yet.  That includes this day trip that Simon and I took to a Georgia state park, Amicalola Falls.  I wanted to go there because there is a huge waterfall amidst the mountains, and if you already don't know, I'm a sucker for a beautiful nature scene.  There are also various nature/hiking trails and at the very top of the falls is an Inn which overlooks everything.  We might go back there for a weekend snuggle fest.  Despite kinda getting lost on the way there and back, we had a nice time and enjoyed all of God's artwork.

We started at the top of the falls and began walking down the stairway until we realized that we would have to walk all the way back up.  Yeah, no.  So we turned around after a few pictures.





We then drove down from the top to the middle where there is a trail that leads to a bridge at the falls.  We were greeted by this lovely tree at the entrance of the trail.





A random old truck...kinda freaky if you ask me.


The closer we got to the falls, we started seeing trickling water.

Can you see the falls on the left through the trees?








Proof that we were there together.


A random huge spider...YUCK!


Talking tree is what I like to call it.




Before we left, we stopped by the visitors center.  To our surprise, there were stuffed animals (not the toy kind) and live snakes (caged).  Eek!
 


 
I can see how this could be useful.

The last thing we saw was this sign explaining that this is where the start of the Appalachian trail is, and that you can hike all the way to Maine.  There's more info than that on here obviously, but I found that most interesting.
 
If you ever come to GA you should definitely visit this place.  You will not be disappointed...unless of course you could care less about beautiful scenery, waterfalls and snakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!