Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday DIY + Christmas Tree Trimming

I have a good old fashioned DIY tutorial for you tonight accompanied by a little treat at the end!

To conclude my busy Thanksgiving weekend, Simon and I decorated our tree.  This was not just any ordinary tree.  This happened to be a steal of a deal from a local thrift store.  Monday's are half off, so I ended up paying twenty bucks for it last month!

When it comes to making decisions, you all know how I am.  Funny enough, I decided on the colors for our tree this year rather quick.  Okay, I changed it a few times before settling, but I settled hard and fast when I did.  I decided to do multi-colored lights and all white ornaments.

I designed a few of my own ornaments with inspiration from this pinterest project in which you draw a design, trace over it with a glue gun then spray it one color.



So I did just that.

1. Draw onto clear ornaments


2. Hot glue over the drawings.



3. Spray paint over the bulb.





This is how they look on the tree






I wanted a white tree topper but couldn't find one that I liked.  Instead I bought a large decorative ornament from Target for 5 bucks and...you guessed it!  Sprayed it white.



And now, our tree!


And now for an extra special treat...my first video!  It's a time-lapse of us trimming the tree.  I hope you enjoy!



8 comments:

  1. Cool idea! I really like the one with all the circles! It looks like you could buy it at the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to use those glass ornaments. I will probably try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea! And I love the topper- so creative!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ornaments are amazing! Such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea! very cute!! :) The tree topper is the best idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so fun -- and such a clever idea!! Thanks for sharing them and linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!