I have had this image pinned to my pinterest board for a while now and have wanted to do it, just never got around to it.
For the last pinterest challenge I was actually planning on doing this project, but things didn't work out and I did this instead.
Since the materials were still sitting on my dining room table (yes, for over a month) and Simon told me to clean the table off before he got home, I decided to move forward with it. Initially I wanted to make my own chalkboard paint and customize the color. Economically it didn't make sense especially since I was only going to be painting two glasses. I then found pink chalkboard paint in a bottle at Hobby Lobby, and it was only $3.25...score!
1. Stemmed glasses
2. Chalkboard paint
3. Paint brush (I chose a sponge brush)
1. Paint one coat of chalkboard paint onto the glass vertically then let it dry for one hour.
2. Paint a second coat horizontally then let it cure for 24 hours. (I ended up doing three coats total because two wasn't good enough to me)
3. Condition the chalkboard paint by rubbing chalk over the surface.
4. Wipe chalk off with a damp towel.
5. The end. Oh yeah, write something on the glass to test it out!
I love how these turned out, and Simon admitted that he thinks they are cute (even though he's not fond of pink). These will be great to use when we have guests over so that they can keep track of their glasses in a fun way! Of course I will need to make a few more of these to accommodate my family...and I will probably do black chalkboard paint for the guys.
Have you completed any fun craft projects lately? Please share!