Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Spray Paint Fail

Hi guys!  I have been a little MIA due to the impending re-branding of my business.  Only a week and a half to go!

A couple of weekends ago I got a huge energy burst and ended up doing a few quickie craft projects.  One of them was the chalkboard wine glasses.  Another was spray painting a clock to go into my office.  It started out like this-


I've had this clock for well over eight years now, and I haven't used it in probably about five or six years since I never replaced the battery.  I figured a little spray paint in the soon to be colors of my office wouldn't hurt.

A few coats of gold spray paint and clear gloss spray paint later and it turned into this-


After it dried I studied it for a while.  I asked Simon what he thought of it.  He said that he didn't like the form of the clock in the first place (how does that saying go?  Putting lipstick on a pig?).  I thought about spraying it a different color, but in the end I trashed it.  Something just didn't feel or look right about it.  Oh well!  All of our crafty/DIY projects don't always come out looking great.  Have you worked on something lately that you had high hopes for and it turned into a flop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!