Monday, February 25, 2013

Ikea Hack Coming Soon

It's funny how many items in my house are from Ikea.  Just counting off hand, there are about 25 things (not including smaller accessories) such as our sectional, dining room table, bed, futon, bookcases, tv stand, coffee table...i yi yi...the list goes on and on!  It's difficult for me to get rid of furniture especially since I'm all about DIY and repurposing.  We have two Lack side tables that we've been holding on to (only because of me...Simon would have trashed them a long time ago).  Apparently I've been living under a rock for the last few years because I recently came across various ways to hack the lack table (people have been doing this for years already).  After seeing the things that people have done, it solidified my decision to keep them.  Here are a few of my favorite hacks.


credits// lack table

1 2 3 4 5

I'm leaning more towards either the first or fourth (though I do love how an island was created in the fifth image).  I'm thinking something quick and simple that can be done in one day and that involves little to no money being spent.  I do know that I'm going to paint the tables because I don't want them to be black.  Maybe white...gold...or both!  Who knows.

4 comments:

  1. I think #1 is so fun! And #4 is cool too! I lvoe seeing Ikea hacks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. I love your new blog layout, looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to seeing what you end up choosing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!