Friday, August 24, 2012

Kimbra is great, but who is Sam Lawrence?

I want to start this post by saying to Simon, the love of my life...please do not feel threatened by this post.  In fact, you may want to just stop reading right now :)

I spoke of a new favorite artist of mine, Kimbra, a few weeks ago.  One song on her album is called Wandering Limbs.  It's a beautiful duet.  As an aside, I have never been one to listen to lyrics.  I'm all about the musical elements, harmony, melody, tempo, etc.  If I happen to really enjoy a songs production, then I start listening to the words.  This has come back to bite me in the butt a few times because I have fallen in love with the music in a song, then really listened to the lyrics and they sucked.  Such is life, eh?  This is all to say that I really don't know the lyrics to this song, but it sounds AMAZING.  (Please do not let the lyrics suck!)

I had to find out who the guy singing with her was.  He sounded like the lead singer from one of my favorite groups, Zero 7, but it wasn't him!  Well he is Sam Lawrence.


Hot!  He's from Melbourne and apparently a newbie in the music world.  So new that I could barely find any images of him to post here (boo!).  This is the best I could do.

During my search I came across this live version of Wandering Limbs.  Omg.  I don't know how many times I watched this yesterday (and not just because of Sam's looks).  I always say that live events/concerts are the best.  I would have loved to have seen this performance live.  So, Sam Lawrence?  Beautiful voice.  Nice body (from what I can see).  Passionate about his craft.  Yeah, he's a winner!

Check it out.




image via

Have a beautiful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous20.11.12

    This is amazing! I recently discovered this beautiful song....I can't stop watching...listening!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this video is addictive! It's such a lovely song.

      Delete
  2. Hello! I know Sam, he is a lovely person.
    You can see some of his music here too:
    http://www.myspace.com/thebandtheshades

    and his site:

    http://samlawrencemusic.com/upcoming/index623345.php

    Enjoy! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous19.1.13

    Hi,I heard Sam playing for the first time 1 year ago and I can only say that I am passionate about music and listening to Sam singing and playing piano is the best thing that I ever experienced in the 31 years of my live. Next to that he is just a beautiful person and they are rare to find....Check him out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Myers Maison!